- The cat has ribboned my scarf.
- This silk scarf spots easily.
- The purple of her scarf clashes with the blue of her bonnet
- She threw a scarf over her shoulders.
- She wrapped a scarf around her neck.
- A shawl with a knotted fringe at each corner; worn by Jews at morning prayer.
- In the hall and adjacent rooms all manner of cloaking and shawling was going on.
- She gathered the shawl about her shoulders to keep out the wind.
- She takes off her shawl and skirt and adds them to the miscellaneous bedclothes.
- She wore a stiff black bonnet, a high white collar and a coarsely woven shawl around her shoulders.